The Bay Area Urban Areas Security Initiative Public Information and Warning Work Group’s Mass Notification Seminar held on March 14-15, 2018, was designed as a platform for mass notification system operators, PIOs, and emergency managers to share best practices and lessons learned in mass notification emergency alerting, particularly those that emerged from experiences in recent disasters across California.
Key topics areas included:
- Mass notification communications infrastructure
- Organizational processes and structures
- Techniques for designing effective emergency alert messages
- Reaching the whole community
- Regional coordination for emergency messaging